Thursday, March 31, 2011

This Floor has holes in it


I am redecorating a larger room in our house as the current room we are in has become just too cramped for the three of us. We seem to keep using either our or the babys bed or my feeding chair as storage space and keep throwing stuff onto the surface not in use at the moment. The idea was to move into the new room by the time I joined back at work but obviously that hasn’t happened. The larger room has the advantage of loads of sunlight besides space but as it is located in the front of the house, facing the road, you can hear a cacophonous medly of vehicle horns and screeching tires and hawkers selling sports shoes  at peak traffic hours.
The room now

I was planning to install sound proof window glass but I guess I’ll just have to live with it for now.We initially aimed at minimal changes in the room which would fit into our meagre budget while still rendering the room habitable.( Rahul, you hear that ? Your London jaunt is depriving your only nephew of a jungle theme  painted wall and me of any hope of sleep )We started with constructing a floor to ceiling fitted wardrobe as the room had no storage space whatsoever. This cost about 67% more than we had anticipated and hence further work came to a screeching halt.
The finished wardrobe

 I therefore  abandoned all plans of remodelling the bathroom and have settled for making it barely functional.  ( It is a space to cleanse ones innards and outards and does not encourage any lingering once that is accomplished ) However, as can be seen the current mosaic floor is grimy, grotty,stained and has holes of various sizes scattered about it.

 I picked out an off white patterned tile for the floor which unfortunately looks a vaguely dingy grey now that it is getting fixed on the floor. Fingers crossed, the final result is better. The new curtains have already arrived, so that leaves only some glass shelves to be fixed and we’ll be ready to move in. Behold, the before photos.( I think I should ask Colin and Justin to heist my home except that they seem to only fix homes in London suburbs )    

No comments:

Post a Comment