Sunday, June 19, 2011

First non Delhi post

I and Vishal arrived in London on Friday for a weeks holiday. Sans baby. Yes, I realize how frightfully callous that sounds but he seems to be doing great till now. Thats how expendable we are. Having a great time here. There is so much to post about that I am going to talk about one topic at a time. I searched on the web a lot to figure out what kind of clothes to pack which would be comfortable and stylish enough to blend in. Needless to say I got it all totally wrong. Partly because I couldn't imagine how cold it could get while sweltering in Delhi and my pregnancy induced woefully deprived winter wardrobe didn't help matters any. The first thing to remember is that London weather is actually as schizoid as they say. The weather fluctuates from pleasantly sunny to raining hailstones within a matter of minutes, so it is essential to be prepared for any eventuality. The Londoners are extremely resilient and manage to go about their daily routine without a quiver of the stiff upper lip. So, wardrobe essentials if you are visiting London in summer are:
1. A foldable umbrella - carry it about at all times
2. A pair of stretch jeans
3. A versatile all weather jacket which can be worn over jeans and dresses, preferably with a hood.
4. Multiple dresses
5. Black woolen tights to wear with the dresses
6. A couple of interesting sweaters or shrugs for layering
7. A comfortable pair of ankle length boots - they should be wearable with both jeans and dresses and you should be able to walk endlessly in them
8. A small cross shoulder messenger bag to carry essentials
9. Interesting accessories - make them as ethnic as possible. Now is the time you bring out those chunky turquoise beads

I wish someone had told me all this a week back, my photos would be a lot better. Toodles for now, as they are supposed to say in these parts although I haven't heard it till now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment