Friday, December 30, 2011

The details

OK, so after the last bombshell, I guess I should flesh out the announcement a bit. I had been feeling mildly discontented in my current job, mostly because now that I had stopped having palpitations and sleepless nights before every OT, I had started feeling a little restless. Also it has been more than two years since I moved to Delhi, so a bit of dreariness there too. We have been seriously contemplating starting our own ophthalmic clinic but (a) that needs truckloads of money (b) that sounds serious ass grownup, right up there with preparing for your kids school interview ( yeah, thats going to happen soon enough )
So, I came up with a ridiculous plan to move to Africa, then I dressed it up in practical, sensible terms to convince Vishal ( Our salary will be tax free! We won't need to take a loan! We can start Vihaans college fund ! ) As luck would have it, we immediately got a good offer and after some intense negotiations and inept bargaining we have decided to move to Addis Ababa. I am not going to tire of saying that for a while. Sometimes I wake up grinning in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment